ABOUT BRANNON ROBERTSON
Brannon has litigated complex commercial disputes for more than 25 years. He believes that above all else, the job of a lawyer is to advocate for a client’s interests—a fundamental concept that is too often overlooked today. To advance a client’s goals, an attorney needs to be a good listener; if the lawyer does not understand the client’s objectives, the attorney’s representation will almost always fall short.
Working with both plaintiffs and defendants, Brannon maintains a wide trial and arbitration practice focusing on commercial and business disputes. He also has deep experience in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Brannon frequently collaborates with larger firms, particularly when a business needs separate representation for an executive or a subsidiary. He also represents high net worth individuals when they need personal representation.
Brannon is highly regarded by his peers. Early in his career he was recognized as a Texas Rising Star. He has been recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Texas Super Lawyer every year since 2017. U.S. News & World Report has honored him as one of the Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation), since 2020. His membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum is a testament to his success representing clients.
Brannon graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 1997. After serving as a law clerk for the United States District Court for the Southern of Texas, he began his private practice career at King & Spalding, a large international law firm. After more than 15 years as an associate and then litigation partner at King & Spalding, Brannon joined a Houston boutique trial firm in 2015. He started his own firm in 2022.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Fiduciary Claims
- Construction Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Oil & Gas Disputes
- Real Estate Disputes
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Serious Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases
Representative Commercial Matters
- Represented a closely-held oil & gas exploration and production company in an arbitration against an international bank concerning the bank’s lending practices. Recovered millions for the client.
- Assisted an oilfield services company in recovering a large settlement from high-level employees who engaged in a sophisticated and wide-ranging effort to steal the company’s assets and drive business to a competing company, which the employees secretly owned.
- Represented a specialty-chemical maker that was sued for allegedly breaching contractual and fiduciary duties related to various shared-facility agreements. Served as lead lawyer at the AAA arbitration. The panel denied any recovery to the claimant and awarded $3.7 million to the client on its counterclaim.
- Have represented Texas and Louisiana gas-storage facility owners in multiple construction defect lawsuits.
- Successfully litigated a case for a German real estate investor concerning apartment complex projects it brokered in the United States.
- Served as counsel for a Spanish real estate investor concerning breach of fiduciary claims against his co-investors over a mixed-use development in Houston.
- Represented a large German real estate holding company in a Colorado real estate dispute, recovering millions for the client.
- Represented a foreign investment bank in a dispute regarding the sale of its $500 million gas-storage facility. Claims were brought against it by both the purchaser and the bank’s minority shareholders.
- Defended oil industry services company against claims that it had improperly taken employees and trade secrets from a competitor.
- Lead counsel for a Malaysian E&P company that was refurbishing a drilling rig in a Galveston shipyard when it chose to cease work on the project. Represented the client in numerous lawsuits and arbitrations stemming from the discontinued project, which resulted in the client successfully exiting its obligations for a fraction of the value of the outstanding claims.
- Represented exploration and production company in contractual dispute over which entity was responsible for site cleanup after a blow-out.
- Successfully represented an airline executive in dispute against his homebuilder in AAA arbitration. Client was able to exit a multi-million purchase agreement and also recovered monetary damages.
Representative Tort Matters
- Won a summary judgment in a Kentucky mass-tort case involving more than 1,000 individuals claiming personal injury from groundwater, soil, and air contamination. The motion ended more than a decade of litigation for an international manufacturing company.
- Represented a multinational petroleum company in a lawsuit brought by hundreds of minors who lived near refineries in Port Arthur, Texas. The plaintiffs claimed that the emissions from plant operations impaired their health and constituted a permanent nuisance.
- Counsel for a major oil company whose crude-oil pipeline ruptured and spilled thousands of barrels of oil into the coastal waters of Louisiana. The case was tried in New Orleans federal court.
- Have defended energy clients in many wrongful-death and serious-injury cases stemming from refinery and oilfield accidents.
- Represented numerous pharmaceutical clients and medical-device manufacturers in product-liability cases.
- Secured a high value settlement for the mother of a girl killed in a boating accident on Galveston Bay.
- Secured settlement (client’s share was over $1.4 million) for a minor that suffered a head injury in an industrial accident in West Texas.
- All Texas State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Serves in numerous capacities for the United Way, including committee chair positions
- Advisory board member for Institute for Energy Law
- Past president and current advisory board member for LIFE Houston, a charity that provides emergency formula for at-risk babies
- Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation), 2020-2022
- Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, 2017-2022
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- 1997-1999 – Law Clerk, the Honorable Nancy Johnson, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- 1997 – Juris Doctor, The University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- 1994 – Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Baylor University